1 Kings 17-19
1. The Reality of Waiting. 1 Kings 17:1-6
Luke 12:36. like servants waiting for their master to return from a wedding banquet, so that when he comes and knocks they can immediately open the door for him.
2. The Uncertainty of Waiting. 1 Kings 17:7-24
3. The Promise in Waiting. 1 Kings 18:41-46
Hab 2:3 For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay.
God’s will is God’s will only in God’s time.
4. Lessons In Waiting. 1 Kings 19:1-8
It is ironical that a believer trusts God to take them to heaven but struggles with trusting God to get them through earth.
There is strength within the sorrow There is beauty in our tears And You meet us in our mourning With a love that casts out fear You are working in our waiting You're sanctifying us When beyond our understanding You're teaching us to trust – Michael W Smith, Sovereign over us, 2014
Not only does God have to build up certain areas to make us useful for the calling but he also has to break down certain areas that would be detrimental for the calling.
5. The Purpose of Waiting. 1 Kings 19:8-15
1. During your past/current waiting periods, how has God been working on Trust and Preparation?
2. If encountering God is the main purpose of waiting, how does that change your attitude and decisions during the current/next waiting period?